The first (non-beta) version of WordPress has been released! The official announcement is on the WordPress Development blog.
* Texturize – So good it’ll make your quotes curl.
* WordPress Links – A link manager with everything you’d expect, from Weblogs.com support to a handy bookmarklet. Manage as many blogrolls as you like, and have complete control over their display.
* XHTML 1.1 – WordPress is compliant with XHTML standards up to 1.1, though by default it sends a 1.0 document type to avoid compatibility issues.
* Highly Intelligent Line Breaks – Occasionally called “nl2br on steroids,” this brand new function adds line breaks except where there is already a block level tag or another line break.
* New Administration Interface – We’ve made it as simple as possible, and no more. Everything has been restructured from the ground up in a fully compliant XHTML/CSS interface.
* Manual Excerpts – This allows you to hand craft summaries of your posts to appear in your RSS feed and other places.
* New Default Templates – Again we’ve streamlined theses with the latest in simple, easy-to-understand standard XHTML and CSS. And not a CSS hack in sight.
* Plus numerous behind the scenes code clean-ups, making this release faster and more stable than ever.
Check the WordPress Download Page to get it.
Short link to this post: https://z1.tl/f4
Looks wonderful, y’all did such a good job on this! 🙂
I LOVE IT!
Thanks, for your comments. There is more wonderful stuff to come. Stay tuned.
typo complaint = compliant
is complaint with XHTML standards
is compliant with XHTML standards
Well more than 2 and a half years later we have wordpress 2.0
🙂 WordPress rocks